Coniston Slate is a marketing name of additional services provided by The Coppermines & Lakes Cottages Limited.
Our company registration number is 3147701.
1. We at CLC take your privacy and our security obligations seriously. We will strive to protect your personal information by using security technology appropriately. This means we ensure that:
1.1. Appropriate security measures will be in place to protect your personal information.
1.2. When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, that they will also have appropriate security measures in place.
2. We will respect your privacy and will not send any marketing material to you unless you have opted in to receive such marketing information. However, we may contact you to confirm the data you have provided or entered to ensure its accuracy.
3. We will only collect and use the personal information you have freely provided, be that verbally, in written form or electronically via forms on this website.
4. We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect about you and how we will use it and store it.
5. We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will ensure that information is deleted securely as and when required.
6. Our website is accessible via the Internet. This therefore means that anyone around the world who visits our website can see anything posted there, namely any comments that you may post.
7. We use third party marketing provider that may require us transfer some personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
The Information We Collect
Personal and non-personal information may be collected either directly from you or automatically from your device as follows.
Data Directly Provided
When you use our products and services we collect the personal information that you provide us in relation to the delivery of those products and services, be that verbally, in writing or via email.
When you visit our website we collect the personal information that you provide us via our online forms for enquiries, event registration and newsletter sign-up.
Examples of the information we collect are your name, your address, your email address, your mobile number, your telephone number, your company/organisation name, your job/role title, as well as any other personal information you choose to provide us.
Browser-Based Data Automatically Provided
We may also collect non-personally identifiable browser-based information regarding how you use our website and how you interact with our adverts.
Examples of the information collected automatically relate to the device used to access our website and may include the following information: the name and version of the operating system used, the name and version of the web browser used, the device’s current IP address, the referring website, the date, time and duration of the pages visited, whether or not the user has clicked on an advert, visited the advertiser’s website, and search terms used. For further information, please refer to our Cookies Policy: https://coppermines.co.uk/cookies-policy
Why We Use Your Information
Via Our Products & Services
• To maintain our customer, supplier and organisation contact records.
• To supply our services.
• To operate and maintain the services we provide.
• To process and complete transactions and send related information including transaction confirmations, quotations and invoices.
• To manage our customers’ use of the products and services we provide; namely to respond to enquiries and feedback as well as to provide customer service and support.
• To investigate and prevent unauthorised access to our products and services, and other fraudulent or illegal activities.
• For any other purposes for which we notify customers and users.
Via Our Website
• For administration and reporting purposes including (but not limited to) troubleshooting, performance analysis, statistical analysis and testing.
• To monitor and improve the performance of our website.
• To analyse customers use of our website for trend monitoring and marketing purposes.
• For the purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information, to fulfil your request for information on our products and services, for example.
• To ensure the safety and security of our website.
Additionally, we may use the information you provide us via our services and/or our website to communicate with you via email and possibly other means regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter. The option to opt-out of such communication will always be available to you at any time.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for any services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information please contact us using the details provided under the Legal & Contact Information section below.
Third Party Disclosure of Information
We do not sell your personal information to anyone under any circumstances.
We may share information, including personal information collected via our website, with trusted third parties that provide services for CLC such as hosting and Internet connectivity. We may also share non-personal information with business partners in order to enhance our products and services. These third parties are prohibited from using the information we provide for purposes other than performing the services we prescribe. If you do not want us to share your information with these third parties contact us using the details provided under the Legal & Contact Information section below.
Under certain circumstances we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities such as the police or security services.
You have the following rights at any time under the GDPR:
1. To be informed about your personal information
2. To request a copy of your personal information
3. To request the correction of your personal information
4. To request the erasure of personal data (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances
5. To request that the processing of your personal information is suppressed in certain circumstances
6. To receive a copy of your personal information, free of charge, in a commonly used and machine-readable format
7. To object to the processing of your information under certain circumstances
8. To not to be subject to a decision based upon automated processing
9. To be informed of any personal data breach
For full details regarding your rights under the GDPR visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protectio….
Our Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
The following lawful bases are those under which CLC collects and processes your personal information: Contract
• To deliver and support our products and services
Our website includes advertising related to our products and services and contains links to other websites that advertise products and services of business partners. We also actively build relationships with partner organisations and/or agencies to purchase advertising space on their websites in order to maximise the exposure of our products and services.
Links To Other Websites
Within the CLC website we do provide links to external resources or documents held on other websites that we believe to be useful, such websites are outside of our control. Those websites are operated by third parties and are subject to the third parties’ own privacy policies. We cannot therefore accept any responsibility for their content or their privacy policies.
We will retain your personal data for such time as appropriate for administering your connection with us, after which we will securely delete/destroy your data:
Contact Records: 7 years for legal and insurance purposes
Contract Records: 7 years for legal and insurance purposes
Incident Records: 10 years for legal and insurance purposes
Legal & Contact Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and 1998 UK Data Protection Act (DPA) we are obliged to say who the data controller is with respect to any products and services we provide, be they through traditional channels or via our website. The data controller is the organisation responsible for collecting and protecting information and, in our case, is:
The Coppermines & Lakes Cottages Limited, The Estate Office, The Bridge House, Coniston, Cumbria, LA21 8HJ
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find the following links useful:
• Our Cookies Policy –
• The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – https://ico.org.uk/
• Data Protection Act 1998 – http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
• 1995 EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC – http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:31995L0046
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Manager via the address shown above or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days at the latest.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator. In the case of the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/concerns.